Are you searching for ITI Admission 2017? If so, your search correctly ends here. Here, you will get complete guidelines to get admission in ITI. Online application for West Bengal ITI is released now. So, here you will also get eligibility criteria, Admission procedure and much more important fact on Industrial training institute. So, read each and everything carefully to achieve success in vocational skills.
Details ITI Admission Guidelines and Procedures
ITI is a short form of Industrial Training Institute. It is a training institute which gives training in the technical field. ITI will enhance your vocational and technology skill. It comes under The Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGE&T).
The DGET is part of Ministry of Labour & Employment, which is one of the oldest and relevant Ministries of the Government of India. In Maharashtra, ITI comes under Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (DVET).
Nowadays, Skill India mission has huge demand. Skill India is a drive launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15 July 2015. The principal aim of Skill India mission is to train over 400 million people in India in different technical skills by 2022.
After getting successful training from ITI, the student will get NCVT certificate. NCVT certificate has a tremendous demand in the corporate world in India as well as outside India.
ITI Admission 2017
ITI Certification types
Before going to ITI admission 2017, You must read what types of certification you will get. ITI provides NCVT as well as SCVT certificate. So, What is the difference between NCVT and SCVT?
NCVT – National Council for Vocational Training
The National Council for Vocational Training, an instructional body, was established by the Government of India in 1956. The Committee has been consigned with the duties of ordering standards and curricula for craftsmen training, directing the Government of India on the overall strategy and plans, managing All India Trade Tests and granting National Trade Certificates. The headquarters of the Committee shall be in New Delhi.
The Council is responsible for arranging trade tests in various courses and providing the award of National Trade Certificate.
SCVT – State Council For Vocational Traning
As like NCVT, The State Councils has developed corresponding to the National Council to handle all subjects relating to vocational training at the state level.
The State Government is manage training policy and join the National Council and to coordinate the Vocational Education Programme everywhere the State.
Training Schemes in ITI
Various training schemes are runs under ITI. Each has own advantage and disadvantage. Candidate must choose plan depending upon his/ her requirement.
The most popular ITI scheme is CTS. So, if you are looking to get admission in ITI goes through CTS plan.
Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS)
The Directorate General of Training (DGT) started Craftsmen Training Scheme in 1950. CTS is one of the most trading plans and comes under ITI admission. It consists of various training courses and training periods vary from six months to two years. Here, we listed major ITI courses but, for more go through the complete list of ITI courses.
As duration is varied same, the pre-qualification is also varying. Prerequisites for the ITI courses differ from 8th to 12th pass. After successful completion of the training, the student will get NCVT or SCVT certification.
Striking Features of the CTS Scheme
- Around 200 trade courses are running under CTS scheme.
- 85 Engineering and 115 Non – Engineering CTS courses.
- ITIs are working under the control of the respective State Govt and Private Organisations.
- Duration of the courses varies between six months to 2 years.
- Entry qualification ranges from 8th to 12th class pass.
- Every course has a predefined syllabus, and DGET maintains it. Complete trade course syllabus is available here. The Government, as well as private institutes, are required to manage training sessions as per the curriculum prescribed by NCVT.
- The admission for one year and two-year ITI courses made in the month of August every year.
- ITI is entirely different from other technical courses. About 80% of the training period assigned to practical training and remaining 20% for theory, Workshop Calculation & Science.
- Theoretical training related to trade theory, Engineering Drawing and Social Studies.
- The social study covers environmental science, family welfare and computer literacy.
- The trade syllabus of different courses is periodically revised to minimise the gap between ITI and industry.
- There is the provision of re-affiliation for living affiliated ITIs to maintain the standard of ITI. So, after every five years, ITI will face trade affiliation. Only affiliated trade considered under NCVT.
- Work of review & accreditation of ITIs conducted as per the Quality Council of India w.e.f 1.9.2012.
- After receiving inspection certificate from QCI, ITI trade will be affiliated.
Eligibility Criteria To get Admission in ITI
Age: The Candidates looking ITI admission should have completed 14 years. There is no upper age limit for admission in ITI.
Qualification: The educational qualification designated for the each trade varies from 8th pass to 12th pass based on the trade.
Admission Procedure: Selection of candidates for admission in ITI based on marks obtained by the candidate in the 10th or 12th exam. It based on NCVT criteria and the minimum education qualification designated for the individual trade
Procedure for admission: Performa for ITI admission may be received from the respective State Directorate. Each state has the own procedure. Few state like Maharashtra performs online ITI admission. So, online as well as Offline admission facility available and its depend upon individual state Directorate.
The starting date of ITI Admission: Every session in ITI starts from 1st August every year. But, admission form and procedure started after the declaration of 10th result.
Training in government industrial training institute provided at a nominal fee. It includes your library, sports and medical facilities, etc.
Courses in Industrial Training Institute is also called as trades. Around 200 trades courses are working under CTS scheme. Some of the highly job oriented ITI courses are listed below.
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle
- Draughtsman (Civil)
- Draughtsman (Mechanical)
- Electronics mechanic
- Tool & Die maker
Here, we listed some job oriented trades, If you looking for more information on ITI courses then check ITI trade details section.
Schemes/Courses for ITI pass outs
After completion of ITI, what can I do? After completing ITI, the candidate has lots of option and on of them Apprenticeship. The Scheme is implemented by DGET with the purpose that Training given in Institutions alone is not enough for gaining of skills and needs to improved by training in the actual workplace.
Admission Dates and Procedure
WP ITI admission date is declared. Check the Last date for admission in West Bengal ITI. Similar, for MP ITI admission date and procedure, click here. So, before applying for ITI admission in Maharashtra check the best ITI college in Mumbai.
What is next
ITI Admission Last Dates.
Last date for ITI Delhi, Gujarat, UP and much more.
ITI counselling date 2017.
Complete ITI trade list.